There are a lot of facts about our body that we kind of are unaware of, like the body’s ph level. Many of us would think that our body must be neutral in nature, however it is not. The body’s ph level shows a slight inclination towards alkaline nature. Due to this alkaline food is generally preferred over acidic food because of its health benefits. So now the question arises how to make body alkaline naturally? Well there are high alkaline foods and high alkaline vegetables which can help in that. So let’s find out food compromising an alkaline diet chat and how do they benefit us?
Alkaline foods and its benefits
To be honest alkaline food cannot change the blood’s ph level. That is one of the major misconceptions that are followed because of the acid ash hypothesis. Having your blood ph level alter can be a major health issue. Alkaline food benefits our body by increasing the ph level in our urine and saliva but all this while the blood’s ph level remains the same. Some of the health benefits of alkaline based foods are:
- Alkaline food is generally low in calories and helps in weight loss. This protects the body from diseases and dysfunctions caused due to overweight.
- They promote growth hormones level which supports body composition and keeps the body from developing heart diseases.
- Some studies show that fruits, vegetable and whole grains that are alkaline in nature also prevent the growth of cancer cells to some extent as they show better growth is acidic medium.
- As the growth hormones are improved, the brain functioning enhances thus boosting our memory and cognition.
- Alkaline foods consumption also show improvement in muscle health and muscle mass reducing the risk of weakness, fracture or chronic pain.
Alkaline foods for acid reflux
Acid reflux is a problem in digestion occurred due to the backflow of stomach acid into the esophagus. Heartburns, irritation, bloating or feeling uncomfortably full a few symptoms to recognize this issue. If left untreated for a long while may result in Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD). In such cases, the alkaline diet for acid reflux or acid reflux diet can be useful as it helps in balancing the stomach acidity. An alkaline diet consists of food such as:
- Vegetables: Broccoli, carrot, cabbage, pumpkin, radish, beetroot, onion, peas, eggplant, cucumber etc.
- Fruits: Bananas, watermelons, figs, apples, pomegranate etc
- Beans: Lima beans, moong beans sprouts, green beans, lentils, pinto beans etc
- Nutsandseeds: Almond, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds etc