Fruits are a very important source of nutrition. Today we will be talking about two fruits; kiwi and guava. These two tropical fruits are amazing in taste and are easily available in any supermarket. They both have their own nutritional benefits and health benefits. But in a fight between guava vs kiwi, who wins on the grounds of overall nutrition. Let’s find out.
Guava vs kiwi nutrition facts
Kiwi vs guava both are very healthy for our body but with a slight difference, guava does win the match. So let’s see what these small differences are:
- Sugar content: The sugar content in both the fruits are almost equal but still in guava the sugar is 0.78% less per 100 grams as compared to kiwi making it a bit better than kiwi.
- Proteins: The protein content per 100 grams of guava is 2.24 grams of more than 100 grams of kiwi. Since protein is a very essential macronutrient, it makes guava the better fruit.
- Dietary fibers: In the case of dietary fibers too guava wins with an amount of 1.8 grams per 100 grams more than kiwi fruit. These fibers strengthen our guts and reduce the risk of heart disease, diabetes, and digestive issues.
- Food energy: Talking about the energy received from both these fruits, guava provides 11.48 % more energy per 100 gram than kiwi. This energy keeps us more active and fresh throughout the day and also boosts body metabolism.
- Manganese and Magnesium: Manganese and magnesium are two more elements that are required for the body and are present more I guava than in kiwi. (manganese 1.53mg per 100 gram more than kiwi & magnesium 29.41% per 100 gram more than kiwi).
- Vitamins: Vitamin C being an antioxidant helps in generating new tissues and repairing the old ones. Guava contains 160% per daily value more vitamin C than kiwi making it again more beneficial.
So as we see in the fight of Guava vs Kiwi, guava clearly wins the race. Still, both the fruits are healthy and beneficial so I would suggest throw both the fruits in together and have a kiwi guava smoothie to enjoy the benefits of both the fruits.