Has it ever happened that you wake up in your cozy bed, curled up in your soft blanket, hugging your fluffy pillow and your heart is filled with winter morning joy until, your hand touches your face and you feel cold, dry and rough skin against your palm? No matter how romantic is the weather outside, winters always bring dry and damaged skin with it. Well worry no more because today we will work upon how to get a better skin this winter by just following a few steps.
Road to Better Skin
- Lukewarm Water: Make sure that you use lukewarm water to wash your face. Falling for the temptation of hot water will open up skin pores exposing it to the outside cold environment which makes your skin dry and rough.
- Apply Sunscreen: Many people have a misconception that sunscreen is only meant for summers which obviously are not true. If anything you need it even more during winters. UV rays of the sun are equally harmful during winters and since we all like to spend long hours in the winter sun, sunscreen becomes a necessity.
- Oil Before Bath: Rubbing oil on your body every morning before taking bath helps in locking up your skin moisturizers and your skin looks healthier and softer. Olive oil is generally the most preferred oil for this purpose but mustard oil also acts as good alternatives.
- Drink Lots of Water: Winter makes the skin very dry, to keep your skin from losing its moisture and keep glowing, drink lots of water which will keep your skin hydrated and moisturized.
- Use Moisturizers and Body Lotions: Moisturizers and body lotions build a protective shield around your skin keeping it from the wear and tear caused due to outside harsh environment. They make the skin look younger and more lifelike.
- Avoid Regular Scrubbing: Scrubbing helps in exfoliation of the skin which once a week in winters is required for the removal of dead skin so that the new skin better absorbs moisturizers but excessive scrubbing removes the protective layer of the skin and makes it exposed to dryness.
- Turmeric milk: Turns out turmeric milk not only helps in maintaining your health inside but also outside. Having turmeric milk every night before bed adds glow and freshness to your skin. As a plus point, it also improves your immunity to the cold.
- Oiling Your Sole: applying mustard oil on the sole every night before bed softens your heels and also intact moisture in your body. It also improves your eyesight and helps with your sleep problem as a bonus which further adds to healthy and beautiful skin.
- No to wet clothes: No matter how difficult it gets to dry your clothes in winter, don’t ever stay in wet clothes for long. Make sure that the cloth is completely dry and fresh before you wear it as wet clothes may lead to itchy skin and rashes.
Add these small steps to your everyday life and say hello to this winter without any fear of dry and damaged skin.